Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the UK, however like all cosmetic surgery it includes a major operation and therefore there are vital things that need to be considered before you decide to go ahead…
1. Make sure you have realistic expectations on what the outcome of the surgery will be
It is important that you understand that you will not be able to get a nose that is exactly the same as one you have seen on a celebrity or in a magazine.
2. Make sure your choose a qualified and experienced surgeon.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most complicated cosmetic surgeries and therefore it is important that you ensure that the surgeon you pick has lots of experience and explains the procedure to you in full.
3. You need to be old enough to have Rhinoplasty
No good rhinoplasty surgeons will operate on patients that are too young as noses may still be growing. This is generally about 14 or 15 for girls and a bit older for boys.
4. If you smoke then you will be advised to stop
Smoking has many negative effects to health but most significant here is that it can prevent wound healing, a process which is crucial after any rhinoplasty procedure.
5. Ensure that you understand the risks associated with Rhinoplasty
As with any other surgical procedure there are various risks. These can included but are not limited to; infection, bleeding and breathing issues.